Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS WORLD BARBER DAY?
- It is one day of the year – the 16th of September that barbers unite from all over the world to make a difference.
- It is a global annual event, created to promote a worldwide charity. World Barber Day is a non profit organisation.
- All the money raised during World Barber Day is donated directly to a trusted Worldwide Charity, UNICEF. through the Just Giving platform.
- A World Barber Day Package is sent out to each barbershop worldwide who wishes to take part.
WHY IS WORLD BARBER DAY ON SEPTEMBER 16TH?
- As we all know in the middle ages barbers were not only cutting hair and shaving, but also pulling teeth, dressing wounds and performing operations. These barber – surgeons actually formed their first organisation in 1096.
- In 1096 barbers were recognized for more than just men’s hairstyles & shaves.
- World barber day is an exhibition of how ordinary barbers are so much more than a barber – and how each barber can make a significant difference to the world in just one single day.
- We used the combination of 1096 (16/09) to signify the day barbers can revert back to barber – surgeons & make a worldwide difference.
HOW DO WE TAKE PART?
You simply fill out this application regarding your barber shop,
After completing the form you will be sent a welcoming pack before September 16th. After you receive your pack you will contacted by World Barber Day, via email.
Red and white striped with a hint of blue – a barber pole twisting next to a storefront signifies a place where men can get a haircut. On World Barber Day this signifies so much more.
Barbering services on this date, September 16th will be offered as normal. On this day, do what you do best. Open your store, cut hair, shave beards – but on this day you & your clients will be making a contribution through our donate now button. This is at the full discretion of the participating barbershop and its clients.
HOW DO WE KNOW OUR MONEY IS GOING STRAIGHT TO UNICEF?
- By Clicking on the Donate Now button you will be taken to the Just Giving page where your money will be going directly to UNICEF. World Barber Day is simply the conduit.
- World Barber Day is a non profitable organisation & expects all barber shops that take part to agree to all of our terms & conditions.
- All monies raised by barbers across the world, through World Barber Day go directly to UNICEF using the Just Giving Platform.